Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, September 14, 2026

Show Notes: Sept 15, 2026

 Tuesday is here, and I've got to start the day by sending out a great big thank you! So yesterday, we were talking about stuff you thought they didn't make anymore, but were thrilled to discover that yes, they still make it. For me, it's this fruit syrup called Summerland Sweets. I haven't seen it in grocery stores in a while, so I googled it, and it's still widely available in BC, and you can gbuy it online straight from the factory. Talking about that yesterday, I got a text message from Fauve. Fauve left me a rather ominous text: "Check your front door." So I went out there, and Fauve left me a bottle of Summerland Sweets syrup! They make all kinds, so Fauve left me their apple syrup. Looks like I'm making pancakes for breakfast this weekend! And on top of that, a big thank you to the rest of you. Apparently, it's still available at quite a few grocery stores, so I'll have to put together a weekend trip to hit all these grocery stores and see if I can get more. But thank you to all the Summerland Sweets fans out there!  


We all know I love celebrating the days, and today is such a special day, I thought I'd celebrate it all day. Today is National Double Cheeseburger day! I have no idea who looked at a cheeseburger and said, "You know what would make this better? Double it." And there's so many great double cheeseburgers out there. McDonald's has the McDouble. A&W has the Papa Burger. But the thing is, a cheeseburger on its own is pretty basic. Two patties and some cheese. So today I want to hear from you...what makes a cheeseburger a 10/10? What elevates that cheeseburger to a thing of beauty? You know, I was thrilled when I first started healthy eating and saw that cheeseburgers were considered healthy. But...that's only if you remember to load it with the vegetables, like lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions. Failing that, have a nice salad on the side to help balance things out. And of course, the great sauces, too. Ketchup is pretty standard, but a good BBQ sauce can really set it off. And I might be kind of weird, but sometimes of HP sauce on a burger hits just right. So I want to hear from you today! What makes a cheeseburger a 10/10?  


And that's it for me, I'm done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Tuesday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy Make a Hat Day! 

A screen grab from the Simpsons. Homer is wearing a new fedora with a smug look. The caption read, "He seemed to say, 'Look at me, Rex Banner. I have a new hat.'"

Hats have been around for as long as people have had heads. And what better way to showcase your creativity than to make your own hat? It's a trend that started in the early 2000s, and has only been picking up speed since then. I've been thinking for a while that it's time to make a hat. I've picked up so many pins and buttons in my travels, that I'm thinking I should get a bucket hat, and put all my pins and buttons all over them. The only problem with that is when I was a kid, it was only old people who did that. So if I do it, it's like I'm finally accepting that I'm old. Anyway, Happy Make a Hat Day! And whatever day you're celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.  

No comments: