Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Show Notes: Sept. 25, 2026

 Friday is here, and I am ready for the weekend! I am ready to get out there and enjoy my rest and relaxation! Looking like weather should mostly be good for it, too. I don’t have much planned for the weekend. Looking ahead, I see the next few weekends are going to be crazy busy for me, so this is going to be my last quiet weekend for a while. I’m looking forward to it. You know I collect DVDs. Well, I’ve got a bunch of new ones that I’m looking forward to tossing in the ol’ DVD player this weekend. And, of course, go out and get my steps in. Not too much longer when I’ll have to stop getting my steps in outside and start doing it at the gym again. I do that when it starts getting too cold out. Either way, I’m looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing this weekend. And whatever you get up to this weekend, I hope you have fun doing it.


So back on Monday, for the texting takeover, we were talking about Halloween candy. I mentioned that I got my first box of Halloween candy for the year, and I was asking you when you start buying that Halloween candy. And in the midst of that, I got this text from Shirley. Shirly says, “I decorate inside and out for Thanksgiving. We have a lot of local and non-local producers who work hard in challenging conditions to grow the food that sustains us all. I fell the bounty is something to be indeed thankful for as well as our local producers. However, when I went looking for decorations, I can find aisles of Halloween decor and even some Christmas out however hardly anything for Thanksgiving. My question is do people decorate for Thanksgiving?” And you know what, Shirley? I kind of agree with you. As we start to make a bigger and bigger deal about Halloween, I can’t help but think we’re starting to forget about Thanksgiving. So I want to hear from you today. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving? Do you really get into it? Or are you just so worked up about Halloween that you kind of forget about it. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving? Text in and let me know!  


And that’s it for me, I’m done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Friday morning. Now. I don’t know if this is official yet. But I know the movement is afoot, so I’m going to put it out there. Happy Dolly Parton Day! 

A screengrab from the Simpsons. Dolly Parton introduces herself by saying, "I'm Dolly Parton."

When Dolly Parton passed away about a month ago, a movement started that September 25 should be declared Dolly Parton Day. Why September 25? Because when you right it out as numbers, it’s 9 25. You know...9 to 5, like her hit song. I had the news story earlier in the week that the State of California has declared it so, so I don’t know if that means it’ll spread around the world. But I’m optimistic that it will. So happy Dolly Parton Day, everyone! And whatever day you’re celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.  

No comments: