Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, September 28, 2026

Show Notes: Sept. 29, 2026

 Welcome to Tuesday! Shaping up to be another wonderful autumn day. Didn’t get up to too much yesterday afternoon. Got my laundry done. I know what whenever I get laundry done, I bore you with tales of fighting for a washing machine in my apartment’s laundry room. But no...no fights yesterday. Everything went pretty smoothly. I’m just getting tired. You know, I used to have dreams of living in massive house with a six car garage and an indoor pool and stuff like that. But now, I simply dream of having my own laundry room. Being able to do laundry whenever I want without needing a sockful of quarters. Oh, that would be bliss! But in the meantime, laundry’s done. September’s pretty much done, too. We’re off tomorrow for the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. So, yeah. It’s a Tuesday that’s feeling like a Friday. Just an overall weird vibe to today.  


Well, we’re off tomorrow for the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, so that means today is my last day of the month! And that means today I’m doing my usual end of the month thing and asking you, what got you through the month? See, I was inspired to do this by my best friend in college, all those years ago. My best friend was the editor of the school paper. Our school paper came out monthly, and he would end each issue with two lists: what annoyed him this month, which is pretty self-explanatory, and what got him through the month, which was all the good things that happened to him that month. So I want to hear from you today! What got you through the month? Share all the good things that happened to you, so we can inject some positivity into the world! What are some good things that happened to me...? Well, McDonald’s had their International Menu Heist again. Those black pepper and garlic Chicken McNuggets were so good! There were some special edition DVDs on sale that I finally got for my collection. I can now watch every single Charlie Brown holiday special ever made! So that’s me, but I want to hear from you. What got you through the month? Text in and let me know!  


And that’s it for me, I’m done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Tuesday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy National Coffee Day! 

Two screengrabs from The Simpsons. In the top one, Mr. Burns is at his desk. He has collapsed from exhaustion. He meekly calls out to his assistant. "Smithers? Coffee." In the second one, Mr. Burns' eyes are wide open. He has an exaggerated grin, as he excitedly drinks his cup of coffee.

I know I’ve mentioned this a few times before. I am not a coffee drinker. I think it was all that time as a kid being told I’m too young for it that kind of killed any desire to start. I mean, coffee’s not like alcohol, right? With alcohol, there’s that magic age, 18, when you can finally drink and you go to the bar for the first time. There’s nothing like that with coffee, where you turn a magic age and you go to Tim Hortons for your first double double. I remember being in grade 12 and my english teacher made a joke about drinking coffee when you’re studying for diplomas, and I was like, “dude, I’m old enough to drink coffee now?” But I still never started. Anyway, happy National Coffee Day everyone! And whatever day you’re celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.  

No comments: