Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Show Notes: Sept. 17, 2026

 Thursday's here! Must be Thursday, could never get the hang of Thursdays. I know I've been mildly freaking out all week. You know I love movies and I collect DVDs. Well, back on Tuesday, a super, limited-edition DVD I've been after was released. I pre-ordered it way back in June. But see, ever since then, the website I ordered it from changed names and I couldn't log in to check on my order. So back on Tuesday, when it was released, I had no idea if it had shipped or not. So I sent an email to customer service. Yesterday morning, they got back to me. With their rebranding, they upgraded their computers. And in the upgrade, my order was lost in the system. They told me it could be weeks before they get through the backlog. Their recommendation? I should cancel my old order and place a new one. So that's what I did. And now, I'm pacing nervously, waiting for super special edition DVD. My usual wish: I hope it arrives tomorrow so I can watch it on the weekend.  


There's this one thing I keep reading online. It's that, when you're an adult, there's nothing stopping you from going to the store and buying yourself a cake. It doesn't even have to be anyone's birthday! You had a bad day? Cake. You had a good day? Cake! You can have cake whenever you want! And it turns out people love cake. A new study says that 20 per cent of people list cake at being one of their simple pleasures. But it wasn't the number one simple pleasure. The top five simple pleasures are: listening to your favourite song, having a nice dinner, watching your favourite movie, finishing a really good book, and exercising. And I'm totally on board with those! You know me, I'm always talking about food and movies, so those are definitely two of my simple pleasures. But I want to hear from you today. What are your simple pleasures? Is it something that's not in the top five? 20 per cent of people said cake...maybe you're more of an ice cream person. I don't know! So text in and tell me: what is your simple pleasure?  


And that's it for me, I'm done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Thursday morning. But before I go, I know what day I'm celebrating today. Happy International Country Music Day!

A screengrab from the Simpsons. Homer is wearing a white cowboy outfit, as someone off screen exclaims, "Colonel Homer!"

 

Yeah, of all the songs about country music, that's the first one I thought of. International Country Music Day was established in 2003, and they chose September 17 because today is Hank Williams' birthday, and he can be considered one of the first country music superstars. So what better way to celebrate the day by cranking up some Hank Williams? Or your favourite country music artist? Just let them play so we can celebrate this International Country Music Day. And whatever day you're celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.  

No comments: