Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, August 15, 2003

I've only had my repaired laptop back for a week, and it's like having a new computer. I find I'm doing all those things you tend to do when you have a new computer. You know, changing my wallpaper everyday, checking my e-mail every half-hour, stuff like that.

One thing I really missed while I was in Japan that I can now watch on TV again is stand-up comedy. I actually missed watching stand-up. I missed it so much, I even ran out and bought a comedy CD one day. When I was online at the Internet cafe, I was donwloading and listening to old Abbot & Costello routines. I truly missed stand-up.

And here's a peek inside my creative process. About a year ago, I ran a massive, three-part epic column on my website entitled Don't Panic. (Go read Part I, Part II, and Part III) It was quite popular and went over well. So, five months back, I was working on a sequel about another day trip I took in Japan, entitled Don't Panic 2: The Female Buddha. I had finished writing parts 1 and 2 when my laptop suffered its catastrophic failure. Now, I've got it fixed, but I just can't get back into the groove I was in five months ago when I was writing parts 1 and 2. Any advice on how to keep going from here?

Next Issue...Don't Panic 3: The Undiscovered Final Voyage Home

No comments: