Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's that time of year again. McDonald's is giving away hockey cards! Do you know that McDonald's has been giving away hockey cards for 14 years now? I'd sure like to know what the longest-running fast food promotion has been.


The big news on the campaign trail today was that the Conservatives promised to slash the GST from 7% to 5%. Ah, yes. Promises about the GST. Because it worked so well for the Liberals 12 years ago.


If there's one tradition from Japan that I'm working to try to incorporate into my daily life, that's the thank-you gift. In Japan, a simple thank you card doesn't do. No, you have to give an appropriate small present.

For the past few weeks, one of my old instructors from NAIT has been kind enough to let me sneak in after hours to use the equipment to beef up my demo and such. I figured it was time to present some kind of thank you gift.

My instructor collects PEZ dispensers.

He's also a Star Wars nerd.

So, when I was at the Super A over in Evansburg the other day and saw one last Boba Fett PEZ dispenser hanging there, I knew I'd found my gift.

He loved it.

No comments: