Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Day in the City

Ah, I do so love my days in the city.

Finally got a chance to spend my birthday gift cards. As per my family's instructions, I went to Best Buy and used the Best Buy gift card to get me a digital camera...gonna have a lot of fun spending the rest of my long weekend breaking that in.

And, of course, it just wouldn't be a day in the city without seeing a couple of movies. Took in The Simpsons Movie. I kind of got mixed feelings on that one. On the one hand, my fears were confirmed. They really don't push it much further than what you see on the show. On the other hand, the animation is kicked up a notch, and, as movies go, it's still pretty darn funny. I give it 3 out of 4 nibs.

I also stuck around and saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Now, I know this comes as a shock to some, but my exposure to Harry Potter is still purely cinematic. I have not read the books. (Well, I have read the first one. I found it to be such an easy read, I read it three times in a week.) I have found the movies to be enjoyable. I have to agree with other critics that they're kinda starting to blend together at this point...but still, lots of fun. Again, 3 out of 4.

I might have to pick up the books, now. I've grown fascinated with Luna Lovegood.

No comments: