Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, July 21, 2008

New Star Trek Movie Posters

And we're back!

I've been cut off from the Internet for the past few days as I was off at my sister's wedding. There was some bad, too. Mainly, my car broke down in Red Deer, and I just barely got it road-worthy again. I'm sick of pouring $1500 of repairs into it every 6 months because something else has fallen off. It's time to start saving for something new!

Anyway, I'm just easing back into the real world...I've also taken Tuesday off from work to ease with the transition. I'm catching up online, and lo and behold, what's online to greet me, but four, count 'em, four, new movie posters for the new Star Trek movie!

As is the trend with big movies with ensembles, these are character posters, giving us the first glimpse at the classic characters played by new actors. So let's get to it!

First up, here's the young James T. Kirk, as played by Chris Pine.


Secondly, the young Spock, as played by Zachary Quinto.

He's looking very accurate as Spock.

Next up, going with the classic trinity of Star Trek, you'd think the thrid poster would be of Bones, but no! We need eye candy for the young male demographic that's going to be seeing this film! So instead, poster #3 goes to Zoe Saldana as the young Uhura.


And last, but certainly not least, the final poster is of our villain of the piece...Eric Bana as the Romulan General Nero.


Of course, all the Trekkies are freaking out at this one. "But...but...he's ROMULAN! Where's his pointed ears? What's with the tatoos?" I'm guessng that'll be explained in the movie.

These posters are going to be given away at the upcoming San Diego Comic Con. They're in this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly, which is where the scans came from.

And as you can tell from the watermarks, I "borrowed" them from Trek Movie.

No comments: