Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, January 25, 2007

T-U-R-T-L-E Power!

I've made it now secret that I'm getting kind of jazzed about the new computer animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. I've been waiting for some kind of announcement as to who'd be voicing the Turtles. I've read in many interviews with the director that he didn't want celebrities voicing the turtles, so I was expecting a lot of voice actors. And since I like cartoons and follow the careers of certain voice actors, I was waiting to see if it was anyone I'd recognize.

Leonardo is being voiced by James Arnold Taylor. One of Taylor's best-known roles right now is that of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon.

Michelangelo is being voiced by Mikey Kelley, who's done a bunch of stuff I'm not really familiar with.

Raphael is being voiced by Nolan North, a soap opera actor, who also did the voice of Henry Pym/Ant Man in the Ultimate Avengers straight-to-DVD movies.

Donatello is given voice by Mitchell Whitfield, a perpetual guest star on many TV shows.

March 23. I'm counting down the days!



Wow! I can't believe I found a picture of this online. This is one action figure that came out when I first started collecting, but was never able to find it.

Now, you're probably asking yourself, "How did this train wreck happen?" Quite easy, really. Back in the early-1990s, Playmates Toys held the toy licenses for both TMNT and Star Trek. Ya just knew it was a matter of time before someone held up his hand in the board room and said, "Hey! How about we stick in the Ninja Turtles in Starfleet uniforms?"

Wow. Reminds me of a line from The Simpsons: "Remember ALF? He's making a comeback...in POG form."

No comments: