Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, May 07, 2007

You can find anything on YouTube!

Holy moley, I finally found this on YouTube!

One of my greatest movie-going experiences in Japan was seeing Pokemon 5. Not the movie so much, just the fact that I was seeing a Pokemon movie in a Japanese theatre surrounded by Japanese people...it was a little overwhelming.

Anywho, when I got home and bought Pokemon 5 on DVD, I was really pissed off. For the American translation, they cut the opening sequence...this very beautiful sequence, starkly animated, which detailed the origins of the legendary pokemon Latios and Latias, and how their origin relates to their location, an island city called Alto Mare. It was probably deleted for the North American release because it involves mass destruction and dead children and the whole thing.

And I finally found that cut scene on YouTube! With subtitles, no less, so I finally know what the narrator is saying!





And, just because, here's the original end credits sequence. Man, when Pokemon 5 was in theatres, I was hearing this song no matter where I turned.





Wow, and for those who picked this up in Facebook page, I'm going to have to ask you to go back to my blog in order to see these videos. Apparently, when it imports the blog, it doesn't import pictures or YouTube videos.

No comments: