Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, May 18, 2007

Bob & Doug & Bizarro & He-Man

First and foremost, I've got to get the word out on this.

Sunday night, the CBC finally shows their long-anticipated Bob & Doug's 2-4 Anniversary Special. See, 2007 marks the 24th anniversary of Strange Brew, better known as the Bob & Doug McKenzie movies.

Then, to follow it up, the CBC is premiering their new documentary Bob & Doug's 2-4 Anniversary. This talks to celebrities from all over the world and analyzes the impact of Bob and Doug. But, what makes this really notable, is that when I first heard about this back in the fall, Dave Thomas revealed that this would be the last time ever that he and Rick Moranis would be reprising the roles of Bob & Doug McKenzie.

It's all on the CBC on Sunday night. Strange Brew is on at 7, Bob & Doug's 2-4 Anniversary is on at 9.




You'll have to excuse me. I'm still nerding out over last night's season finale of Smallville. I can't believe they introduced the Smallville take on Bizarro.

What can I say? I love that show, but I hardly watch it anymore. It wasn't until March that I finally discovered a channel that carries it, and I always forget when it's on.

But, as they've started introducing more and more aspects of the Superman mythos, it's been getting nerd-tastic.




And speaking of nerd-tastic, we still get the occasional rumor of a new, live-action movie version of Masters of the Universe. As some have pointed out, if Transformers is a big enough hit, look for toys of the '80s to be Hollywood's new hot property.

But, the news is that Joel Silver is currently ushering He-Man to the big screen. Silver, of course, was the producers who helped the Wachowskis bring The Matrix to the big screen.

No doubt, I think the technology finally exists to do He-Man justice on the big screen. Remember how cool Minas Tirith looked in Return of the King?

Now give that kind of treatment to Snake Mountain.

Yeah. Nerd-tastic.

No comments: