Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, December 16, 2007

My New Star Wars Action Figure: A Photo Essay

So, I returned to Athabasca to take on the new week and, being the workaholic that I am, my first stop was the office, to download all the news releases and stuff I missed while I was gone.



I threw open the door to my office and there was a big surprise waiting for me. There was a FedEx box on my desk!



I took the box home, and began to ponder what could be inside.



Hey, give me a break. I hadn't freshened up from the trip.

Then I realized a better way to figure out what was in the box was to actually read the shipping label, and/or open the box.

The return address on the box read:

Lucasfilm Ltd.
20100 Vermont Avenue
Torrance, CA
90502

Lucasfilm! That meant it could only be one thing.



for those who haven't been listening to the podcast, let me clue you in.

Several months ago, I was doing some window-shopping at the Star Wars online store. And there it was, the coolest and rarest Star Wars action figure of them all. The McQuarrie concept R2-D2 and C-3P0. Ralph McQuarrie is the artist who came up with a lot of the designs for Star Wars, and this year they'd actually been releasing action figures of the original McQuarrie designs. The McQuarrie R2-D2 and C-3P0 were available only to those who went to Star Wars Celebration Europe...the massive, official Star Wars convention in England. Or, available to members of Hyperspace...the section of the official Star Wars website that you have to pay to get into.

And, lo and behold, my best friend pays for Hyperspace!

One quick e-mail to my best friend later, and I was waiting the 6-8 weeks to get my McQuarrie concept R2-D2 and C-3P0.



I still have to find out why it got delivered to the office, and not my home. It matters not. It was the perfect end to a super-long weekend!

No comments: