Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, March 03, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Dastardly Double-Dip

Well, here's something I should have seen coming.

The Indiana Jones Trilogy is getting re-released on DVD, in time for the fourth movie. The last time the trilogy was released, it was in a 4-disc boxed set, with all your bonus features on disc 4.

For this new release, the films will be available individually, and each film is getting its own 2-disc special edition. And of course, all the bonus features are brand new. Among the new features are each film getting a new introduction by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, more storyboards, and exclusive new featurettes on each film's big special effects scenes.

These new special editions will be available individually, or you can by them all in a big, 6-disc boxed set. It all comes out on May 13...a little less than 2 weeks before the fourth film hits theatres.

I tell ya, I finally broke down and bought the DVDs a little over a year ago. I was doing my Christmas shopping, I saw HMV had it marked down to $30, and I thought, "That's the cheapest I've seen it...why not?"

I think I'll hold off on this double-dip, cuz you just know that, this time next year, they'll be announcing a new boxed set of all four films with even more new bonus features. That's when it'll be worth buying again.

No comments: