Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Truth? Still Out There.

I'm guessing that we are now far enough removed from the 1990s that we can start having 90's nostalgia. That being said, I was hit with a huge wave of 90's nostalgia this morning when I saw the first movie poster for the long-awaited second X-Files movie.



If this were 1997, I'd be so geeking out right now. Instead, I'm thinking, "Ah, remember the good ol' days, in college, when this show was still good?"

In a recent interview, X-Files creator and director of the second movie Chris Carter said that, right now, he and 20th Century Fox are scrapping over what the title should be. I'm certain we'll know shortly, though.




And here's something that just came down the news wire that made me giggle.

The British literary magazine The Bookseller has awarded it's prize for "the oddest book title of 2007." And the prize went to....

If You Want Closure In Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs.

Yes, the author described it as, "a self-help book, written by a man, for the benefit of women." The author, who used the pen name "Big Boom," says his book is "raw, honest and about you," distilling "the sweat off [his] back, the wrinkles in [his] forehead from anger and thinking all the time." The editor of The Bookseller says that the title is so effective, that you don't need to read the book.

The runner up was I Was Tortured by the Pygmy Love Queen, and coming in at third place was Cheese Problems Solved.

No comments: