Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, January 16, 2009

Dirty Habits

Oh, I've been indulging in my dirty habits a little too much as of late. This dirty habit is the collecting of obscure film scores.

Only recently, am I starting to discover all these record labels in the USA that specialize in releasing obscure film scores. The other day, I discovered one of them had released a score album for Batman: The Animated Series. I dipped deep into my savings to get it. In my opinion, Shirley Walker and her team of composers composed the most appropriate music for Batman ever. I can hardly wait until it gets here.

And of course, once I filled out that order, I checked my mailbox to see that the other obscure film scores I'd ordered had arrived.

I've blogged many times about my love for Pushing Daisies, so I had to snatch up that score album when it was released a few weeks ago. That is a great album. It's such perfect fairy-tale music. I'm going to have it running on an endless loop for a while.

And curse you, Amazon.ca! I placed my order for the Pushing Daisies score, and up popped the little notice, "Spend $10 more for free shipping!" So I special ordered the Doctor Who soundtrack. This soundtrack is just for series 1 and 2...I see a seperate soundtrack for series 3 is also available, and one for series 4 is out at the end of the month.

Gotta buy them all!

And speaking of buying them all, we have a release date for the eleventh Pokemon movie! Pokemon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior hits DVD shelves on February 27.

I've got to make due on my promise to watch all of the films and review them here on the blog...I think I'll do it as soon as #11 comes out.

No comments: