Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, March 26, 2010

What's My Hero Up To?

So, some news came across my desk yesterday about one of my heroes, Brad Bird. Bird made my favourite film, The Iron Giant, and then moved on to Pixar where he won a slew of Oscars for writing and directing The Incredibles and Ratatouille. Bird has been trying to break into live-action for a while now. After the success of Ratatouille, he said he was working on a historical epic called 1906, about the 1906 San Fransisco Earthquakes. But nothing's come of that yet.

And now, a rumor has come forth that Bird has been approached by J.J. Abrams and Tom Cruise to direct Mission: Impossible 4.

Abrams, of course, was the director of Mission: Impossible 3, and after Abrams' Star Trek became a huge hit, Cruise was all like, "Please come back to the franchise and do #4" and Abrams was all like, "I'm busy with the Star Trek right now, and I can't. Tell you what...I'll produce it and help you find an awesome director. How about that?"

Also on the short list to do M:I 4 is Edgar Wright, who brought us the modern day classics Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, and Ruben Fleisher, who did the recent hit zombie comedy Zombieland.

No comments: