Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Dude, I almost went to bed without following through on my new tradition. My latest column at my real website is up! It's the thrilling final part of Don't Panic 2: The Female Buddha, and here's a clip:

"Adding to its size somewhat was the fact that it was on top of a hill. Once I reached the top, I was able to look around and check out the scene a little more. The statue sat in the middle of a park. Off to one side was a requisite temple to Kannon, where they sold the same charms and trinkets I had seen at many other temples. I started snapping pictures like a true tourist. I had learned my lesson from Mitsumeniguchi well. This was late February, and I was still confused as to whether the administrators of the museum considered this to be winter or not. In winter, the museum closes at 4:30. I glanced at my watch to see it was 4:40. I decided to wander up and see if it was open. "

Click here to read it all!

Next Issue...Dial M for Marvelous!

No comments: