Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, October 03, 2003

Wow. Just got a message from Mr. Anderson. Richard Husfleon is no longer with us. He was the President of Augustana University during my time there as a student. I always wanted to have him as a special guest on my radio show, but I never had the courage to just knock on his office door and say, "Dude. You wanna?" I remember at graduation. When he presented me with my degree, I gave him a big hug, much to the amusement of the crowd.

I'm actually having a lot of Augustana flashbacks now that I'm back in school. I can now do a radio show whenever I want. Due to my commutte, it'd have to be a morning show, but all I have to do is knock on the door of the program head and say, "Dude, can I?" Same thing with NAIT's paper. They're taking submissions. I keep wondering how much of the Scarecrow still exists.....

But anyway, I have a topic for discussion! I was playing around with my DVDs the other night, and watched the opening sequence of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. For those who've never seen it, the film opens with a wonderful piece of Jerry Goldsmith music called Ilia's Theme, and it plays out over a field of stars. It's just there to set the mood for the film. Once it finishes, the Paramount logo comes up and the opening credits start.

So, the topic for discussion. Which song - ANY genre - do you think would be most evocative when played out over a field of stars? Discuss.

Next issue...The Monthly Spam: October 2003 (and this time, I mean it!)

No comments: