Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, March 10, 2005

I should update this thing more. I keep having dozens of brilliant ideas to share, but then I forget them when I get around to posting them. I'm sorry, world, for I forgot the cure to cancer.

Anyway, I got yesterday off and went back to school for the day. I had a scholarship cheque waiting for me, plus I voted in the advance polls for the student union elections. "You're the first person to vote," they told me. I also feel like writing a column about this and submitting it to the school paper. "I took a day off from work and drove three hours to vote. If you couldn't take two minutes out of your day as you walking down to the Common Market for lunch, well, YOU SUCK!!"

And, of course, I visited all my instructors and told them what I was up to. It's a little daunting talking to them. Every time I think I've got this industry figured out, they let me in on a little more. I can't shake this feeling that I'm on the edge of a much larger world; one that, despite my best efforts, I still barely comprehend.

That, or I'm just jealous because one of my fellow practicum students has just started a bidding war. Stations from all over North America are now competing to get her. People are flying out to woo her.... Damn, I'm jealous.

Anywho, today's movie news. 20th Century Fox has just picked up the movie rights to the Dr. Seuss classic Horton Hears a Who. Fox is passing this off to Blue Sky, the studio that made Ice Age and Robots. That's right, Horton will be a CGI movie. It should be noted that this is the last Dr. Seuss movie to get a big screen treatment. After how disastrous the Cat in the Hat turned out, the estate of Dr. Seuss said, "That's it! No more movies!"

Next Issue...Workin Workin Workin Workin

No comments: