Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ugh.

It's been a slow morning at work, so I checked my NAIT e-mail that I never use. The whole thing was clogged with spam for NR92 shows. I can't believe it.

Now, I know this is hypocritical coming from me. Back in 1997, I figured out how to send spam on the Augustana Computer Network to promote Chaos in a Box. I like to think of myself as a pioneer in using spam to promote a radio show. But the sad truth is spam is so darn annoying that it doens't work anymore.

If, *IF* a person insists on using spam to promote their radio show, this is what I suggest:

1) Keep it SHORT!! Five lines max. This way, people may scan it before they delete it.

2) Make it something that a person has to sign up for. Make it a newsletter instead of spam. People will read it if they actually want it!

No comments: