Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

And there we have it. My dog is gone. My mourning process has begun. I've shed my tears, and now I'm just sad. I wasn't with her at the end. Mom suggested that I stay home, mainly because she was crying twice as hard as I was and she figured Dad could only put up with one of us.

Yeah, it was one of those days for me. Had the big thing, then the little things. ToyFare has broken the news that Mattel is pulling the plug on the revamped Masters of the Universe toys. While the updated versions of He-Man, Skeletor, et al are doing great business with toy collectors, they have failed to catch on with their target audience - kids. And, despite everything we may think, action figures is still primarily a kid-driven industry.

And Jerry Orbach has left Law & Order. No more Lenny Briscoe.

Wow. Good thing I'm a redneck Albertan. I got me the makings of a country music song here.

Some interesting news though. Stan Winston has just signed on to design the Superman costume for the next Superman film. What I find odd is that they've hired an animatronics and make-up expert to design a costume. Either they've given up on finding the perfect Superman so they're just going to build an animatronic one, or the suit will be painted on.

Oh, and news I've been waiting for for a long time. The 2-disc super-special edition of Star Trek: Generations comes out on Sept. 7.

Next Issue...Coping with Loss

No comments: