Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, May 17, 2004

Well, I was hoping to do just one post today, only later, and for it to mainly be a review of Starcrossed, the final episode of Justice League. But I've read a few things I just have to pass along....

- Well, Michael Moore's new film, Fahrenheit 9/11, had its world premiere screening at the Cannes Film Festival today. Apparently, the film got an unprecidented 20-minute standing ovation. People are really talking about how it starts. Rather than show the planes crashing into the World Trade Centre, the screen remains black, and all we hear are the sounds. We then fade in to George W., and those now famous photos where he heard the news in a schoolroom. The song "We Gotta Get Outta This Place" begins to play as we see footage of the Bin Ladens flying out of the USA. It's going to be an interesting film, I tell you what.

- And, Disney just went back on their promise to stop making films based on Disneyland rides. It was announced today that they're turning Jungle Cruise into a movie. That's the Disneyland ride where you ride on a boat and see all these animatronic animals. Apparently, Disney wants to do the film in the style of their "True Life Adventure" nature documentaries from the late-1950s/early-1960s. I don't know, I thought Pirates of the Carribean was only so-so, and I haven't seen any of the other ones. All I know is I'm going to shoot myself when they announce their doing It's a Small World.

Next Issue...Starcrossed!

No comments: