Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, May 22, 2004

I feel kind of strange, mainly because there's something I've always done in my life which I'm not doing right now. It seems that, whenever I go to Edmonton, I come home with at least one DVD. But, ever since March, I've come home DVD-less. There's just no DVDs that I want right now. Well, that's not true. Most everything I want is a big boxed set that's just a little out of my budget, like the Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine sets, Looney Tunes: The Golden Collection, The Flintstones: The Complete First Season and, ever since October, The Indiana Jones Trilogy. Outside of these sets, there's really nothing I want. I really only want two DVDs right now:

ReBoot: Daemon Rising & My Two Bobs - These two TV movies made up the fourth season of the classic computer animated TV show ReBoot. Both films are available on one disc.

Galaxy Angel: Volume 1 - So, Galaxy Angel was one of my favourite animes on TV when I was in Japan. It's a pure comedy about an all-girl fighter squadron in space. It's just become available here in North America, so keep an eye open for it!

And I keep playing "Should I or shouldn't I?" with the 2-disc special edition of The Lion King.

And, in case you're curious, this is everything that's on my DVD radar:

May 25 (Tuesday) - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy boxed set.

June 1 - Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker (aka the sixth film)

July 19 - Justice League: Starcrossed (aka the final episode)

August 31 - My Neighbor Totoro, Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso

September 7 - Star Trek: Generations The 2 disc special edition

September 21 - The Star Wars Trilogy boxed set. The most anticipated DVD in the history of the format!

I've come a long way from when I first bought my DVD player. There were days when I blew entire paychecks on DVDs.

Subject change.

It's a grey, rainy May long weekend. Which sucks, cuz I want to go outside and play. What can I say? In Japan, with my tiny little apartment, I'd go loopy if I spent the whole day inside, so I'd always try to get out and do something on my days off. With school done and my current unemployment, my desire to get outside is still with me.

I was going to do some cycling, but I couldn't find my bike in the clutter that is the garage. I finally asked my folks what happened to my bike and they broke the news that they sold it at a garage sale when I was in Japan.

Back on Tuesday, I bought some needles so I could blow up my basketball. I blew that up, and then, I spent Wednesday on deathwatch, looking for signs of life in Buck, so I couldn't get outside that day. And on Thursday, they greyness and rain started. So, I gots me a B-ball, but the weather ain't cooperating.

Right now, though, I'm thinking I'd like to get a pedometer. You know, one of those thingies that you clip to your belt and it tells you how far you've walked. They're a real fad right now. I could go to McDonald's and get one free with one of their new supersized salads, but something tells me I can just go to Sport Check or the sporting goods dept. at Canadian Tire and buy a much better quality one.

so, yeah. I'd love to get outside and do something, but as of this moment, the grey rainy day is conspiring against me. Instead, I've been watching DVDs. Yesterday, it was Princess Mononoke. 20 minutes ago, I finished the classic Superman. And now, I'm just killing time until Astro Boy at 4:30.

Next Issue...Shopping Spree

No comments: