Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Robot Chicken/V for Vendetta Review

It's rare for me to run out to the store and buy a DVD of a movie I've never seen. Even rarer is for me to run out and buy the complete first season of a TV show I've never seen.

But, today, I ran out and bought the complete first season of a TV show I've never seen.

The series is called Robot Chicken, and let me tell you why I simply had to buy it.

As you all know, I love ToyFare magazine. And the highlight of every issue is Twisted ToyFare Theatre. This is where they take vintage action figures, put them in compromising poses, take a picture, photoshop in some word ballons of the action figures making fart jokes, and make a comic strip out of it. It's one of the funniest things going.

Robot Chicken is Twisted ToyFare Theatre: The Animated Series. Instead of taking pictures, the action figures are brought to life in the glory of stop-motion animation.

The series was the brainchild of Seth Green. Nerds know him best as Scott Evil in the Austin Powers films, Oz the werewolf on the first few season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the voice of Chris Griffin on Family Guy. Green is a known action figure collector and huge fan of ToyFare magazine, so to help him bring this series to life, he went to the offices of ToyFare and stole three-quarters of the writing staff of Twisted ToyFare Theatre.

It's been airing in the States on the Cartoon Network for about a year now, and was an instant hit. And, for obvious reasons, I've been wanting to see it.

So, I bought it today. I'm going to go watch it now. I'll share my review.


Speaking of reviews, I also managed to catch V for Vendetta today. Head over to the main website to read my review!

No comments: