Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's February!

Yay! I got a second Postcrossing postcard today! I'm going to have to sit down and send out some more. I'm sure they'll love me at the post office when I walk down there with $5 and buy a bunch of those postcards that have the stamps already on them.

Oh, and I was able to get to the bank today and I got my lucky Olympic loonies. Huh. Yesterday, I sent a purely platonic Valentine of friendship to a friend of mine, and I was hoping to throw in a lucky loonie. Since I didn't have one yesterday, I opted for an extra Alberta Centennial quarter instead. I hope she likes it....

And I have to share the big movie news of the morning. Genndy Tartakovsky is going to be directing the long-awaited sequel to the cult classic The Dark Crystal. Tartakovsky is the animator extrodinare who brought us Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack and Star Wars: Clone Wars. This sequel, currently titled The Power of the Dark Crystal is going to once again be all with puppets, but with computer-generated sets. So, think Sin City, but with Muppets. Filming begins this summer for a 2007 release.

Now, to have some lunch, and then I'll get to my "start of the month maintenance" to my website this afternoon.

No comments: