Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, February 26, 2005

So, here I am, re-reading ToyFare for the 100th time, listening to music, jumping on and off line to read articles and e-mail people, staring at a blank page, wanting to write this week's column but the muse just ain't singing to me.

In other words, just another TV-less Saturday night in Cold Lake.

I don't know why, but I've been obsessing on playing cards lately. Maybe it has something to do with poker suddenly being the "in" thing. When I went home for the Family Day weekend, I had to go digging through my junk drawers to find my decks of cards. I own three decks:

Batman: The Animated Series playing cards - Given to me by my sister one rainy afternoon at my grandparents. They kept us amused for that afternoon.

X-Men playing cards - Given to me by Mr. Anderson's girlfriend (Yves) as we were waiting in line to see...X-Men.

Star Wars: Episode I playing cards - Stuffed in my Easter basket one spring.

I guess I should learn how play poker. Or at least solitare. It'd give me something to do on these TV-less Saturday nights.

Next Issue...Solitare's more fun with two

No comments: