Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, May 12, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I have a place to live!

Landlord called me at work this morning, all in a panic. "You didn't change your mind did you? Cuz if you did, I need to know now so I can stick an ad in next week's paper!" I explained how I slept through his call and that I still wanted the place very much.

I ran down to his office during his lunch brake, gave him his money, and before you can say, "Dude, you've got a home," dude, I got a home!

So, I'm at the motel right now...enjoying having TV and a phone line for last time. I decided to pay the extra bit a month to tie into his high speed Internet, so I just bought a wireless network card for my laptop.

Bad news: I'm going to be without Internet at home for about a week or so as I wait for my card to get here!

Anyway, I'm going to be making a day trip home to Entwistle to:

1) wish my mother a happy Mother's Day
2) Cram whatever furniture will fit into my car.

My parents will make the *big* trip, bringing me a bed and a couch and all that, sometime in the not-too-distant future.

I have a home...a home of my own.

No comments: