Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The New Digs

Well, there we go! Now I'm feeling settled.

The folks and my brother came up today with my furniture. I have a bed, a big comfy chair, and a table to eat dinner at! Mom's actually quite proud of herself...it's all new from Ikea, and Mom got it all for around $800.

Got a cool housewarming present, too. My brother gave me his old MP3 player! Yup, he recently got himself a new one and said, "Hey. How'd you like my old one?" And, because I don't have any of my CDs here, when he stopped in Entwistle last night, he raided my CDs and filled it up with my favourites.

This is truly one of the nicest things my brother's done for me in a long time.

Anyway, I'm still not quite settled. I still want to buy myself a microwave and give myself a new TV for a housewarming gift. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Yes, I'm lucky enough to get Monday off.

So, for a microwave and new TV, I've been told my options are south to Edmonton or north to Slave Lake. I'll probably flip a coin when I wake up in the morning.

No comments: