Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

*sigh* There's always something depressing about returning from a 3-day road trip and finding you have no e-mail from your friends. Not even from your best friend, whom you obsessivly e-mail 3 times a day. I often morbidly wonder how long he'd have to go with no e-mail from me before he sends me a "Dude, you alive?" message.

But then, I don't have to wonder. I know. It takes one week. A few years back, I left on the spur-of-the-moment to join my family on a camping trip. We left on Wednesday, and were back the next Wednesday. I booted up my computer that evening, and there it was: "To: Mark. Subject: Where are you? I miss you!" Ahh, for the days when I had a life and he didn't.

But I'm back now. After being home in Canada for a month, I figured it was time to go see the grandparents and show them I'm alive and well. So are they.

Next issue...Dr. Octopus Stikes! (And the Canadian Postal Workers)

No comments: