Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, July 27, 2003

Trouble had this up at her website, and it looked like fun, so I thought I'd do it. She, in turn, got it from here. So, without further ado....

1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
Since I'm planning on writing a book about my life, the movie would probably have the same title: The Life and Times of the Scarecrow.

2. What songs would be on the soundtrack?
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python
The Rainbow Connection - Kermit the Frog
Tryin' To Get to New Orleans - The Tractors
A Hard Day's Night - The Beatles
Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
UHF, Dare to be Stupid, Everything You Know Is Wrong, You Make Me, Genius In France - "Weird Al" Yankovic
The Japanese closing credits theme for series 5 of Pokemon
...and a Danny Elfman score

3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why?
Live action, of course, because I don't think animation is the right medium. We're going for more of an American Beauty vibe.

4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc?
Hmmm.... Never thought about me until I started thinking about this. Everyone else is easy.

Me - Tobey Maguire

Family:
Dad - Leslie Neilsen
Mom - Jane Kaczmerick
Brother - John Goodman
Sister - Alicia Witt
Sister-in-Law - Courtney Thorne-Smith

Friends:
Mr. Anderson (formerly Chuck) - Ben Affleck
Yves (formerly L) - Christina Ricci
The Horny Wisconciner - Topher Grace
Trouble - Marina Sirtis
Darmok - Brent Spiner
Streiff - Dominic Keating

Influential People Who'd Be a Crime to Leave Out:
My high school phys ed teacher - Christopher Meloni
My high school math/science teacher - Julie Andrews
My high school English teacher - David Ogden Stires
An amalgimation of every positive trait of my university professors - Rene Auberjenois
My univeristy foil/arch-rival - Danny Masterson
My boss at Extra Foods - Cameryn Manheim
My head teacher in Japan - Ming-Na
My coolest co-worker in Japan - B.D. Wong
My unrequited love from university - Joan Cusak
And, as the voice of the mysterious, shadowy dream woman, Tara Strong.

5. Describe the movie preview/trailer.
American Beauty-style music begins to play. Helicopter shot of Entwistle. The Tobey Maguire voice over begins: "This is my home. I've lived here most of my life. There's nothing for me here. There's never been anything for me here. I keep trying to leave...." Thus begins the montage of various highlights from my 26 years of life, before we cut to the final shot of Tobey Maguire on my front porch, "But something keeps pulling me back." The title appears on screen. Fade out. The final words apear on screen: "Attempt the Escape. This Christmas."

See, I currently have no life, so I just kind of sit around planning this.

Next issue...the Sequel!

No comments: