Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, September 20, 2004

Well, I've committed to my Halloween costume. Went to Value Village today to see if they had their Halloween stuff out yet, and I walked out with the first component of my costume: the top hat. Actually, it's the second component. When I got home this evening, I tore apart my closet looking for the first component: my bow tie. My God, I can't believe I'm finally doing this. It's gonna rock, just you watch.

Here's some interesting news. Even though it comes out tomorrow, some are starting to speculate that there might be a recall of the Star Wars Trilogy DVD. As people watch Star Wars over and over and over, they notice these errors in the soundtrack:

- When the X-Wings go off to battle the Death Star, the sound effects are so loud it drowns out the score.

- During Tarkin's line "Then perhaps you can suggest a more appropriate target? A military target?" the levels on his voice are all messed up.

And the big error

- In the musical score, the rear channels are reversed. Everything that should come out the right speaker comes out the left speaker, and vice-versa. And this is only in the musical score.

So, some are starting to speculate that Lucasfilm may order a recall to correct this problem. But still, others say this only becomes noticable if you have a kick-ass home theatre.

Did I mention how I play Pokemon now? It's all about the capturing. When I was playing to win, I was very picky about which ones I'd capture. Now that I have won, I grab just whatever I can if I don't have it. "Merril? Never got it. let's get it!"

Thing is, though, now I have more than 50 pokemon, and they're all stored on my computer. Here's what I want in a pokemon game. I want the ability to be able to buy a parcel of land, where I can let all my pokemon out of their computer and they can all frolick. And I can occasionally return to my land and hang out with all my pokemon.

Yes, I want the ability to run a pokemon ranch.

Although, one of the coolest parts of my edition is the ability to create a secret base. You can either a) dig a cave b) build a treehouse or c) open up a really thick area of long grass. And then, you can turn this into a secret base, and you can buy stuff to furnish your base.

I want a secret base. In real life. That would be cool. Someday, when I'm rich and famous, I'll buy an old warehouse in the industrial section of town and turn it into a secret base. And you're all invited to come hang.

Next Issue...Welcome to my Underground Lair

No comments: