Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Gotta write this down before I forget:

I need to catch a Trapinch.

Doing some online research for pokemon, and I just learned that Trapinch evolves into the kick-ass dragon Flygon.

Gotta catch 'em all, and all that jazz.

You know what I'd like to do for the Nintendo corporation? I'd like to compile a book listing all pokemon. Do it in the style of one of those field guides that shows you how to ID wildlife. Mr. Anderson showed me that he had one, but I think it was only for the original 150 pokemon. There's 300+ now.

And something I'd like to include is something that was never brought to North America. See, one of the jokes of the Japanese cartoon that really didn't make it through the translation is that Professor Oak fancies himself a poet. Every episode of the cartoon in Japan ends with Professor Oak giving a quick lecture about the pokemon featured in the episode, then reciting a haiku about that pokemon.

So, in my field guide to pokemon, I'd have to include Professor Oak's haikus.

Next Issue...Salamance

No comments: