Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Today's grand experiment: putting photos in my blog.

As I look at my Star Wars action figure collection, I often felt that it looked empty without a Darth Vader. I thought I'd hold out for a Darth Vader with Removable Helmet, but those became hard to find as soon as they were released. In fact, any Darth Vader is tough to find on the shelves.

So, I was in Superstore the other day, picking up a few things, and I wandered into the toy section. It has now doubled in size in anticipation of the Christmas rush. And I saw this guy on the shelf:

Darth Vader

I thought, "Dude!" and bought him on the spot. When I got him home, I started reading his stats. The newer Star Wars figures have action figures. This one has "lightsaber throwing action" to recreate that scene in Return of the Jedi where Vader hurls his lightsaber into the air to cut down the catwalk that Luke is standing on. And then, buried in the bottom corner of the packaging, I notice the list of accessories that Darth Vader comes with.

Includes: Lightsaber, base, removable helmet

I couldn't believe it. Removable helmet. And I'm going to keep him mint in the package forever.

So, I've got my Darth Vader with removable helmet.

Next Issue...Wynaut!

No comments: