Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, September 29, 2003

I've been giving too much thought to my "website that reviews fast food" idea again. I mean, ideally, you can't expect one person to go to every fast food chain, eat everything on the menu, and review it all. Ideally, you'd have one critic to cover each major chain: Ron does McDonald's, Dave covers Wendy's, Charles analyzes Burger King, and so on. The only real legwork would come in the early days, and then, once the website is established, this army of critics only has to eat there again when some new burger-of-the-month thing comes out.

I'm spending too much time on this.

I'm also thinking it's time I write my angry letter to McDonald's. I think I want to know what it'll take to bring the Teriyaki McBurger to Canada. I still remember the last Teriyaki McBurger I had. It was literally my final hour in Japan. I was waiting in the Narita Airport for my boarding call, when I spied McDonald's and thought, "When's the next time I'll be able to have a Teriyaki McBurger?" It was the first thing I had in a Japanese McDonald's, and the last thing. I still find I'm not eating at McDonald's very often now that I'm back. I'm too busy enjoying all the ones they didn't have in Japan, like A&W and Arby's.

Next Issue...Lotteria Special!

No comments: