Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hooray! Hooray! My laptop's fixed!

Warning to everyone else who might take their laptop to CompuSmart to get the dust cleaned out. CompuSmart will take all the dust they clean out of your laptop and give it to you in a baggie. I asked the clerk about this, and she told me that this is because far too many people don't believe that too much dust can cause a computer to overheat and randomly shut down. So, they offer the dust as proof.

But yeah. It's weird how silent my laptop is now. Before this cleaning, the cooling fan would run at top speed non stop. Now, it remains off most of the time, only occasionally offering a puff of cool air...just like it did when I first took it out of the box.

but I'm good for another year or so.

(They also tell me I probably don't have to come back next year if I take one of those cans of compressed air and blow out the dust occasionally. I didn't try that with my laptop because I was afraid I'd just blow the dust in deeper.)


OK, so there's a DVD out now that I'd like, but I neglected to buy it today. That's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I was only inspired to buy it when I saw it at Future Shop, and also because of the giveaway.

See, if you don't buy DVDs at Future Shop, let me fill you in. they've begun doing this promotion where, if you buy it the day it comes out, you get a little freebie with your DVD. When I bought Aladdin, I got a little stuffed Genie. When Sin City came out a few months ago, they were giving away a free Sin City shotglass.

With Hitchhiker's Guide, they were giving away towels.

Ehh, I'll probably buy it next week. That's also when Mallrats X comes out.

No comments: