Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Latest column is FINALLY up. I swear, Xplornet claims that the weather doesn't affect wireless high speed Internet, but every time the wind picks up....

Anyway, this week's column is Lucky There's a Family Guy:

"I’ve been debating recently as to the future of this column. I feel as though it has stagnated. I feel as though I need to take it in a new direction. After a lengthy discussion with my best friend, he felt that I should spend less time recounting adventures in my life and more time on analysis. So, that’s what I’ve resovled to do. I’m going to press forward, pose the questions that no one dare ask, and attempt to come to a resolution. For example, why do people in the animation industry hate Family Guy so much?"

Read the answer!

That, and I've spent a good chunk of my afternoon procrastinating and reading up on the latest in Star Wars action figures. I think I've already mentioned that my cousin is at Disneyland this week, and I've requested that he bring me back any two of the exclusive Disneyland Star Tours Star Wars action figures. I've done a little more research into it, and apparently, Disney and Hasbro still pump these out with alarming regularity. According to the official Star Wars action figures website, they just released a special "Yoda and Jedi Knight Mickey Mouse" 2-pack. If I had known about this, I would have requested my cousin bring me back that.

Oh, well. I'll just be happy with any two. This is more about bragging rights than anything else...so I can go to other collectors and go, "Lookie what I got!" and they'll say, "Yeah, I bought those on eBay a year ago."

Or, how about this. Coming next year, two of my favourite toy lines come together! Yes, it's....

Star Wars Transformers!

Hasbro owns both Star Wars and Transformers...you knew it was just a matter of time. Favourite Star Wars vehicles turn into robotic versions of favourite Star Wars characters. The first five come out in January:

Darth Vader turns into his TIE Fighter.
Luke Skywaler turns into his X-Wing.
Obi-Wan Kenobi turns into a Jedi Starfighter.
General Greivous turns into his motorbike thingie.
Boba Fett turns into Slave 1.

I'll probably get one or two for my collection.

Oh, and if you want to see pictures of these Star Wars Transformers, you can see them right here.

No comments: