Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, September 29, 2005

So, there. I went to Sonic 102.9 today, and I recorded my bio.

This has been one of those situations where I"m not too sure exactly if I should let that I'm more or less a professional. I sat down in the studio to record my thing, only to find that it was pretty much an identical set-up to what I used in Cold Lake. I immediatly started adjusting everything on the board to how I like it, only to have the producer stop me. I had to explain myself.

Anyway, with my bio, they asked me a bunch of ridiculous questions, and I gave a bunch of ridiculous answers.

"What's the best piece of advice you've been given?"

"Well, that would be just about anything my Dad's told me. One that I've never forgotten is 'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.' Wait a minute. Now that I think about it, that's really bad advice for a newscaster...."

"If you could have a sexual relationship with any ficticious charater, who would it be?"

"This is where I'm gonna be a nerd. Seven of Nine, because she's all new to the human experience. I can teach her how to love!"

Lots of mean questions, too.

"If you could eliminate any animal from the face of the Earth, what would you get rid of?"

"...THAT'S A MEAN QUESTION!! I wouldn't get rid of anything!"

"No smoking...no walking on the grass...what 'no' sign would you post on your front door?"

"I'm reminded of a story in university. On the front door to his academy, Plato had a sign reading, 'Let no one enter here who is ignorant of mathematics.' I'd have the modern-day version: no stupid people."

Anyway, these are going to be run on the Sonic 102.9 morning show tomorrow (Friday), so tune in if you can!

Or, if you're reading this on Friday morning and you completely missed it, it should be posted at the official Sonic 102.9 website.

No comments: