Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, September 16, 2005

I'm just doing some prorcrastinating right now...trying to avoid real work.

See, I think I've already rambled a few times that tomorrow is my Grandpa's 90th birthday party, and my father kinda roped me into being the emcee. Because, you know, I got all that fancy edication at NAIT. So, I"m trying to sit down, get some idea of a program, and throw a few prep notes together.

But, between you and me, I really don't want to do it.

Granted, I am a little nervous. But the real reason is that this is a part of the family that I've worked really hard to avoid over the better part of the past 5 years. It's not that I don't like them. As I came of age, I realized that I just don't fit in with them.

And now, I'm going to be thrust before them, front and centre. Fun fun silly willy.

Oh, well. It's just a 20-minute program at the most. I've just got to remember what they taught me at NAIT:

"As the announcer, your job is to keep the show moving. Get in, deliver whatever information you have to, then get out. If you don't have anything to say, shut up."

No comments: