Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Well, my day is going great, thank you very much. I've been watching my animated films all afternoon. I've got my big bottle of Dr. Pepper, a large bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, and I'm just watching DVD after DVD. When I described that as a fun way to spend a day, my American co-workers back in Kumagaya found it to be the most repulsive thing a man can do.

Anyway, I'm done the Disney animated films, and I'm moving onto Dreamworks this evening. I'll do full reviews later tonight, but here's what we've got so far:

Lilo & Stitch - I was surprised at how good this actually was. It's been a long time since I found genuine heart and soul in Disney animation. 3.5 Nibs.

Treasure Planet - Put this next to The Black Cauldron and Atlantis as a worthy attempt to make something a little more grown-up and action-oriented. I say "worthy attempt" because, like the first two, it still comes short of being something truly cool. Amazing animation, thought. 3 Nibs.

Brother Bear - I felt rather "meh" towards the whole thing. It was good, but.... Felt like we'd seen it all before. However, I did laugh my ass off whenever Tuke and Rutt (that is, the moose re-incarnations of Bob & Doug McKenzie) were on screen. I'm still hovering between 2.5 nibs and 3 nibs for a final rating.

And now, supper's on the stove!

Next Issue...DreamWorks

No comments: