Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, July 12, 2004

That time of the night, folks! Latest column is up! This weeks is The Movies:

"I’ve spent quite a few years of my life working in the small town of Drayton Valley. We also know of my love for the movies. Now, Drayton Valley does have a movie theatre. It’s so close, I don’t know why I haven’t gone to it more in my life. The Cardium Theatre is your typical small town theatre. One screen, not exactly state-of-the-art, you buy your tickets at the concession stand. The big Hollywood releases rarely open in it. They’ll come to town about two or three weeks after they come out in the big cities. So now, as I drive past it every day on the way to work again, I keep asking myself why I haven’t taken advantage of this theatre in my own backyard more often. "

As always, read the whole thing right here!

And while I'm at it, Mr. Anderson has been lamenting that I've stopped doing movie reviews. Well, guess what? I've resurrected my movie reviews section! My first trio of reviews are Fahrenheit 9/11, Shrek 2, and Spider-Man 2.

Click here for my movie reviews section, which is in dire need of an overhaul.

And now, a late night lament. I'm wondering if I should try my hand at making some custom action figures for myself. I don't know. I just see ToyFare's monthly "Homemade Heroes" contest, I see action figures I've always wanted and have never been made, and just start thinking, "How hard could it be?" My short list of figures I want consits of only two right now:

Deathstrike from X2 - This female assasin with claws like Wolverine's was a true bad-ass in the film, and it just sucks that Toy Biz never included her in their line of X2 figures. I have no idea where to start with making one of these. Maybe, I should start with a super-posable Elektra from the Marvel Legends toys, repaint the body, and sculpt a new head. That could work.

Spider-Man Unlimited - Sadly, 1999's Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon was on so briefly that action figures were never made. Since Spidey did have a very cool re-designed costume for this show, I'd love to see it realized in 3D. Take Spidey's black costume, splatter it with red and blue stripes, and give it a whisp of a web-like cape that's reminiscient of classic Spidey's under-arm webbing. That was Spider-Man Unlimited. This costume had neat gadgets, too. See, this costume was developed by Reed Richards, and was actually composed of zillions of nanites all over Spidey's body. This costume could turn Spider-Man invisible for brief periods, and it could emit sonic blasts; a feature that Spidey found handy when he came face-to-face with Venom and Carnage. This one would be really easy to make. Just grab any one of the super-posable Spider-Men that exist now and very carefully give it a new paint job. Then, I raid my girlfriend's sock drawer and use a bit of white nylon to make the cape. All I need to make this is a super-posable Spider-Man, some model paint, and a girlfriend.

Next Issue...Spider-Mark Unlimited

No comments: