Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Damn it! Someday, I am going to have a real job and a steady income, and when that day comes, I am so going to buy real server space. I'm getting so sick and tired of Angelfire and their multitude of banners, pop-ups, and now, frames full of ads that they stick on the real site. Someday, soon. With a little hard work and a pinch of luck, this time next year.

But until that day, head on over to Angelfire to read the latest column! This week's offering is Flowers:

"My contempt for teenagers is best illustrated in what happened to me the other day. I was on my lunch break, and headed up to 7-11 to buy a snack. It was also lunchtime for the high school across the street, and thus the store was stuffed full of teens buying overpriced convenience food. I got my banana Slurpee and a Cajun chicken sandwich, and started to head out the door. Now, standing around the front doors was a gaggle of teenage girls. As I walked by their group, one of the girls – probably no older than 15 – noticed me. She had a small bouquet of flowers that she was intently ripping the petals off of. As I walked by her, she shoved the handful of stems in my face and said, “Would you like to buy some flowers?” Without breaking my stride, I glanced at the pitiful, brownish stems, looked the girl in the eye, and mumbled, “No thank you.” As I made a beeline for my car, I overheard her tell some joke about me to her friends, and they all laughed. I was driving back to work when I began to think, “Now, really, how should I have handled that differently?” This is where I really wish I was quicker on my feet. If she wanted to play, I could have played. "

First hit's free. The rest'll cost you.

And don't forget, GO VOTE TOMORROW!

Next Issue...Next PM

No comments: