Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, June 18, 2004

Ugh. I'm really starting to not like this job. I'm getting this vibe from my co-workers that they're getting kind of miffed that I've been doing this for 4 days now and I'm still bothering them with questions. One even snapped and said that I'd better start using my common sense because when I start working shifts on my own in three months, she won't be around to ask. Oh, well. What's to be expected from a job where, in the interview, my boss said, "And if you don't like it, you can alwasy quit!"

Thank God it's just for the summer. I don't think I'd last long.

Anywho, I have to share the big, BIG DVD news that came down the pipe a few days ago. I've heard rumours about the development of this DVD for a couple years now, and it's finally official. On September 7, you'll be able to buy...

Clerks X (aka Clerks: 10th Anniversary Edition)

This massive 3-disc set contains everything you wanted to know about Clerks but were afraid to ask. You'll get:

Clerks X (aka the Clerks 10th Anniversary DVD)

This massive, 3-disc set contains every thing you ever wanted to know about Clerks but were afraid to ask. You'll get:

- The original, 93 minute cut of the film, all digitally restored and with a brand new 5.1 sound mix. This cut of the film also features the running commentary that appeared on the laserdisc and original DVD.

- The 103 minute long "first cut" of the film. This is Clerks as it originally premiered at the Sundance film festival in 1993. (I'm pretty sure this is the version with the now-infamous "Dante dies" ending.) This cut of the film features an all-new running commentary with Kevin Smith, Scott Mosier, Jason Mewes, Jeff Anderson, and Brian O'Halloran.

- The Snowball Effect: The Story of Clerks. This is an all-new 95 minute documentary about the making of the film, how it launched Kevin Smith's career and how it helped usher in the era of independent filmmaking. Pretty much anyone ever involved with Clerks is interviewed.

- Mae Day: The Crumbling of a Documentary. This is Kevin Smith's first ever film which he made when he was a student at the Vancouver Film School.

- Clerks: The Lost Scene. This all-new 7 minute animated short film takes us inside Julie Dwyer's funeral and we find out how the casket got knocked over. Based on Smith's comic book of the same name, so I guess it's not really "all new."

- The Flying Car. The Tonight Show short film which showed Randall and Dante stuck in traffic.

- The Jay and Silent Bob MTV shorts. After the film's success, Kevin Smith did a bunch of spots and short films for MTV starring Jay and Silent Bob. On DVD for the first time!

- The Arclight 10th Anniversary Q&A. Earlier this year, the Arclight theatre in LA had a 10th anniversary screening with the complete cast, and a Q&A session followed. This is that Q&A session.

- The trailer.

- The music video for the theme song, Can't Even Tell

- The original audtion tapes for Jeff Anderson, Brain O'Halloran, and Marilyn Ghilotti (Randal, Dante, and Veronica)

- One of those pop-up trivia tracks. (You know, text pops up telling you factoids about the film)

- Kevin Smith's 168-page first draft of the screenplay.

- EVERY article Kevin Smith read on low-budget filmmaking that inspired him to make this.

- A few of the more glowing reviews of the film.

- A choice selection of articles analyzing the rise of independent films that focus on Clerks

- And brand new intros for everything.

September 7! Wow. I'm still debating whether I want this. Clerks was, quite literally, the first DVD I bought, I always said I'd never buy more than one version of a film on DVD.

No comments: