Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I'm in that rather melancholy state right now that usually comes at the end of love. You know, where you've looked each other in the eyes and you and her have decided that it's over. It's a few days later, and you have this urge to call her, but you know that it's in everyone's best interests if you don't. So, you wind up just sitting around the house feeling...bleh.

Kinda like that.

Anywho, let's get back to the election. I'm still undecided as to who to vote for, but I do know it will not be Conservative. My incumbent MP is Conservative Rob Merrifield. I was talking about this with my parents and I asked, "Seriously, what has Merrified done for us; done for Entwistle?" As far as my parents can remember, he's never even come to Entwistle. My Dad even started longing for the good old days of 25 years ago. Back then, Joe Clark was the MP for Yellowhead, and he had an annual town hall meeting. Once a year, he'd come out to Entwistle, book the community hall, tell the people what he's been up to and field questions. Nowadays, we have Merrifield, who's nowhere to be seen.

That kind of clinches the non-Conservative vote for me.

Anyways, now I have to figure out what to do with my cat. See, my cat used to sleep in the bedroom next door. But now, my parents are renovating said bedroom to convert it into a home office. True, while his kitty bed is still in there, my cat just refuses to set foot in that room now. Now, he insists on spending the night with me. I kick him out of my room, and that's good for a solid half-hour of him scratching at the door. (A half-hour because that's how long I put up with it.) Then, I let him in, and he proceeds to steal my pillow. I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for two things: a) he always steals my pillow. 2) In this heat wave we've got right now, I may as well sleep with a hot water bottle.

So, I'm about to kick him out now and go to bed. Wish me luck.

Next Issue...Don't Call Her

No comments: